Position Opening: SEJ Internship Assistant Coordinator
The Center on Policy Initiatives is a research and action institute dedicated to creating economic prosperity, sustainable communities and a healthy environment for all. CPI serves a unique role in the San Diego region providing the analysis, policy solutions, education and alliances that advance social and economic justice.
The Students for Economic Justice (SEJ) Summer Internship Program is a project of CPI which builds stronger capacity for community organizing in San Diego. It is an intensive 6-week program that gives students organizing training through political education, skills building, and hands-on in-the-field experience working on campaigns for economic and social justice. Students receive trainings from experienced community leaders throughout San Diego and will finish the program with a better understanding of the political landscape of the region.
We are looking for a part-time internship assistant coordinator for SEJ. Under the guidance of the community organizing department, the internship assistant coordinator is in charge of the implementation of the internship program. Experience mentoring youth and/or college students a plus.
- Schedule speakers, trainings, and tours for the program
- Manage logistics for trainings and meetings (such as booking rooms and equipment)
- Prepare materials for the interns (before the start of the program and throughout the program)
- Assist in planning and executing events and fundraising activities including the SEJ graduation at the end of the program
- Weekly reports and final program evaluation
- Other program logistics and assistance as needed to ensure smooth program operation
- Highly organized and efficient.
- Able to meet deadlines.
- Effective communicator.
- Strong written and verbal skills; computer competency.
- Experience working with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Self-directed and able to handle multiple projects and responsibilities.
- Able to troubleshoot when things come up last minute.
- Belief in and commitment to social and economic justice.
- Experience working with communities of color and immigrant communities.
- Experience mentoring youth and/or college students a plus.
This is a part-time position, at 20 hours a week. The pay will be at $15/hr.
The duration of this position will be from June 3rd through August 16th.
The deadline to apply is 5pm on March 8th. Interested applicants should email cover letter, resume, and three references to: Norma Rodriguez, nrodriguez@onlineCPI.org. (PLEASE NOTE: The deadline was extended to March 8th.)
The Center on Policy Initiatives is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and encourages women, people of color, persons with disabilities, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender individuals to apply.